Multnomah County Library (which I do love, sincerely) redesigned their website recently. The redesign was much-needed and a lot of things have improved, but this menu, I absolutely hate.
They managed to pack so many wrong things into one little menu!
- The title is unecessarily long, strangely cased, and punctuated.
- The title has a drop arrow next to it. The drop arrow, in case you were wondering, doesn’t do anything.
- There are only three things you can do, and each one, for some reason, has its own heading and section.
- Each of the first two headings is followed by a link that is almost identical both in wording and in color.
- The last heading is “other” which is the most useless heading ever. It screams “We were supposed to have a header, because we have them, but we don’t need one.”
Every time I go on there I try to click the headings. Because they look the same. As the links! Argh!
Let me fix that for you:
There, isn’t that better? I mean, don’t make the B by penciling it in, you have the font available, but seriously, isn’t that better?